Davis Langdon introduced a quality management system to their offices throughout South Africa in 2001. It is the policy of the firm that their quality management procedures provide a system of ‘best practice’, that is utilised to control and maintain the high level of professional service provided to clients and additionally to promote continuous improvement of these services. The system has been developed, established and documented to ensure that:
• processes needed for the quality management system, their sequence and interaction, are identified and addressed
• these processes are effectively controlled
• the resources and information needed to support those processes are monitored, measured, analysed and continually improved
• the system is fully documented by means of a quality manual containing policies, objectives and system procedures supported by additional documentation incorporating operational work instructions, practice notes and standards
• all records necessary for demonstrating conformance to requirements and for analysis are held in safekeeping
The quality management system is certified as being in conformance with the international standard for quality management, ISO 9001:2008. It is the view of the directors that achieving and maintaining this accreditation is an essential factor in guaranteeing the provision of professional services of a consistently high standard.
A senior consultant to the firm oversees that section of the practice which is responsible for maintaining and continually improving the ‘best practice’ procedures within the various Davis Langdon offices throughout Southern Africa. Regular surveillance and recertification audits are conducted by DEKRA Certification, an international market leader in certification and testing services. The latest audit was successfully conducted in mid 2009. It is anticipated that the ongoing maintenance and constant improvement of the firm’s quality management policies and procedures will certainly ensure that Davis Langdon retains its position as a leader in the field of construction cost consultancy.
It is also foreseen to continue to provide their clients with an excellent service conforming to the latest international trends and standards.